Researchers have found a strong correlation between chronic stress and many emotional and physical disorders, such as anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, nausea, vomiting, weak immune system, and so on. That’s not all, it can also result in the development of many other serious diseases.
In fact, almost everyone experiences stress due to today’s lifestyle. But, if you are constantly experiencing stress, you are at a higher risk of developing various health problems. Specifically, in case you do not take certain measure to reduce your stress levels, it can lead to the above mentioned health issues.
In addition, there are actually a number of methods that can help you lower your stress. For instance, some of them include regular massage, exercise, mediation, yoga, etc.
But, we are going to present you an old Japanese self-relaxation technique, which has been proven to be very effective.
You can practice it anywhere in less than 5 minutes.
Before discussing the details of this ancient self-relaxation technique, we have to mention that every finger does represent a different type of feeling or emotion:
- The Little finger can help you reduce stress and improve your self-esteem and optimism.
- The Ring finger can help you eliminate depression and melancholy.
- The Middle finger can help you regulate your emotions and feelings of bitterness and rage.
- The Index finger can help you get rid of your fears.
- The Thumb can help you fight off worry and anxiety.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
The main purpose of this Japanese technique is to create balance of all the opposing energy forces present in your body. Namely, you should take one finger at a time, and grasp it by using the other hand. Next, each finger should be wrapped around it.
Then, it is advisable to hold every finger for one to two fingers until you feel the pulse.
You can also bring yourself into a deeper state of relaxation by putting slight pressure to your palm’s center by using the thumb of the other hand. You should hold it for about 60 seconds.
Practicing this self-relaxation technique daily can greatly reduce your stress and balance your spirit.
Watch the video below to find out how to practice the technique properly
- Chun, Jing. ”DIY: Reflexology – Learn The Simple Techniques Of Self Massage in order to relieve stress, reduce pain and feel better today”
- Atkinson, Mary. ”A Practical Guide to Self-Massage: Over 50 Simple Exercises and Relaxation Techniques to Improve Your Health and Well-Being”