3-year-old gets temporarily paralyzed, then doctors find the cause in her ‘hair’ – Health Info
Friday , July 21 2017
Home / Allergy / 3-year-old gets temporarily paralyzed, then doctors find the cause in her ‘hair’

3-year-old gets temporarily paralyzed, then doctors find the cause in her ‘hair’

 
3-year-old gets temporarily paralyzed, then doctors find the cause in her ‘hair’Today

3-year-old gets temporarily paralyzed, then doctors find the cause in her ‘hair’

One of the worst fears for parents is to discover their children suffering from diseases. A mom experienced this fear in May when her three-year-old daughter could not stand up. Fortunately, a doctor found the culprit.

Amanda and Lantz Lewis from Eastern Oregon got a shock on May 13 morning when their three-year-old daughter, Evelyn, couldn’t stand up. They sent her to the ER and a doctor discovered a tick lurking in the girl’s hair. Amanda later shared her experience on Facebook hoping other parents will be aware and warned.


Credit: Facebook | Amanda Lewis

“Evelyn started acting a little weird last night around bed time. She didn’t want to stand up after her bath to get into her pajamas. I helped her and got her in bed. She was a little fussy last night and I ended up sleeping in bed with her all night.” Amanda wrote in the post.

The next morning, Evelyn could not stand up and “could barely walk, or crawl, and could hardly use her arms.” The couple took a video and sends it to their family who are nurses, hoping they could have an answer. But they decided to take Evelyn to the ER immediately because “her symptoms were getting worse” and they were concerned as Lantz has a history of cancer.

The doctor who sees Evelyn has seen children with identical symptoms in 7 or 8 children who were of Evelyn’s age in the past 15 years and deduced that it could be because of a tick. “They looked her over, combed through her hair really well and sure enough found a tick hiding in her hair,” Amanda said.


Credit: Facebook | Amanda Lewis
Advertisement

The doctors have told them the tick found on Evelyn does not carry lyme disease. But Amanda is also appealing to all parents to check their children or dogs if they start acting weird.


Credit: Wikipedia | Sam Droege

“This condition is called tick paralysis. It can affect dogs also and can be fatal. I’m glad we took her in when we did and that it wasn’t something worse and that we found it before it got worse,” she continued.


Credit: Wikipedia | Jerry Kirkhart

Amanda later posted an update that Evelyn has “start acting like herself again” the next morning and “is now pretty much completely back to her feisty little self.” However, “she complains a lot about her head itching but otherwise she’s just fine,” Amanda added.

Since posting her story on Facebook on May 13, the video was viewed over 22 million times and has over 40,000 comments. She was surprised. “I didn’t realize how widespread this video would end up!” she wrote in the post.

http://www.ntd.tv

Advertisement

Comments

comments

Check Also

FLESH-EATING HEROIN KNOCK-OFF KROKODIL ‘APPEARS ON AMERICA’S EAST COAST FOR THE FIRST TIME’

The injectable drug made infamous across Russia for its terrifying flesh-eating properties may have recently …